Position: Blaster Operator – Blast cabinets and Rooms
Compensation: Range of $12 – $17/hr.
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vision
Date Posted: July 2021
Location: 5300 East 59th St., Kansas City, MO.
Number of Openings: 1-2
Candidates who succeed at ECS work well with limited supervision, are always
conscious of their own and others safety, have a quality mindset, strong attention to detail. Candidates should have strong experience and good knowledge of the kinds of blast medial they have blasted with, what kinds of finishes they were expected to provide, and the ability to explain how, and why they would adjust their equipment and/or their application methodologies to achieve the best final finish of the
part(s). We are a custom job shop specializing in the application of coatings such as Teflon and other fluoropolymer coatings.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• We are not sandblasting large parts and looking for deep profiles. We blast with the intent of finishing with no more than a ½ mil (thousandth of inch) profile. We blast with aluminum oxide, glass bead, walnut media, and other silica-based media. If you have not blasted with these materials, that is not a problem, but you have to have an eye and the touch for more of a “finesse” blast technique.
• Masking of parts as required by the clients.
• Shipping and receiving, forklift operations.
• Packing parts, shrink-wrapping as required.
• Quality inspections of final parts (we will provide training) and the ability to verify counts, fill out paperwork.
• Maintenance work – general maintenance of facility, equipment.
• Experience in welding, grinding, and other metal working skills is a plus.
High school diploma or nationally recognized accredited equivalent required.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS REQUIRED:
• Must have blasting experience.
• Basic math (add, subtract, multiply, divide)
• Quality mindset, flexible to learning/working in other areas of the plant as needed.
• Comfortable with being held accountable for their responsibilities, results and hitting deadlines.
• Embraces learning new skills.
• Stable work history with good employment references.
• Excellent attendance record
Must be available to work onsite for the following shift:
– 8-hour shift (M-F) 6:30 a.m.- 2:30 p.m.
– Overtime: Must be willing to work overtime occasionally during the week, and perhaps once per month a half day on weekends.
For more information about this position, contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 816.381.9904.
We are locally owned, and under the same ownership since 1990. Any offer of employment is contingent on the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen. ECS offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without discrimination based on sex, race, color, religion, age, marital status, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected under law. ECS is a no smoking facility.